To stop the spread of coronavirus, health officials have instructed the public to practice social distancing -- staying home, avoiding crowds and refraining from touching one another.
At the grocery store, this means being strategic, so that you minimize risk to yourself and others around you. To be safe, and to keep healthy families healthy, we strongly encourage you to do the following:
- Limit the number of persons who shop for the family- same family member, all the time. Try not send different family members each time, this increases risk to the household.
- Limit the number of persons going to the grocery store- try to send ONLY ONE PERSON, and whenever possible, leave older adults and children who can be unsupervised, at home. * many stores now have “senior hours” for vulnerable older adult populations
- Go when you suspect fewer people will be at the store- early morning or late at night is best, but CHECK STORE HOURS as some have reduced hours due to Coronavirus
- Thoroughly wash all produce that you purchase
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, with hot soapy water after you shop, and before preparing or consuming any food products
- If possible, order groceries online for delivery- this process can take practice, and delivery will most likely not be same day, so order well ahead of time
For COVID + persons: STAY AT HOME. Do not go to any public areas, except for medical care.
- Have a non-quarantined support person purchase and deliver groceries to door/porch.
- Avoid exchange of money or close contact with any delivery person if possible.
- Wear a face mask if you must come into contact and/or have others wear a mask.