OFFICE OF THE TOWN CLERK
Due to the closure of Waterbury City Hall, the following policies are in effect:
Land Record Searches:
- The following options are available for recording documents:
- Mail (US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx)
- E-Recording (see waterburyct.org/landrecords for details)
- Drop-off of documents by appointment only
- Attorneys and title searchers can call (203) 574-6806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request full access to the IQS Land Records portal at searchiqs.com/waterbury.html. There is a fee for full access to this site. Please call or email for details.
- Individuals can view the land record index at searchiqs.com/waterbury.html and order copies of records by calling (203) 574-6806 or emailing email@example.com. Town Clerk staff will make every effort to assist the public with questions.
- Funeral directors can call (203) 574-6806 to make an appointment with Vital Statistics.
- Sub-Registrars (authorized to issue burial and cremation permits when the Office of Vital Statistics is closed):
- John W. Ford, Daniel J. Ford - Alderson Funeral Home (203) 753-5112
- Garret F. Casey III - Eastside Memorial - Casey Family Funeral Home (203) 753-1550
Election Information and Absentee Ballots:
- Marriage licenses are available by appointment only. Please call (203) 574-6800.
- Applications for vital records (birth certificates, death certificates, & marriage certificates) are to be mailed. Visit waterburyct.org/vitalstatistics for applications and requirements. Please call (203) 574-6800 if you have questions.
- Voters looking to apply for absentee must complete their application through the mail. Visit waterburyct.org/absenteeballot for applications and additional details. To request an application by mail, please call (203) 574-6806.
Please Note: Notary services are not available at this time.
- The following services can be processed through the mail. Be sure to include a check for payment with your application:
- Dog Licenses (visit waterburyct.org/doglicenses for fee schedule & requirements)
- Liquor Permit Filings ($20 – Please call if you have questions)
- Trade Name Certificates ($10 – see waterburyct.org/townclerk for details)
The mission of the Town Clerk’s Office is to preserve, protect and provide access to records placed in the custody of the Office of the Town Clerk and to provide a wide range of services to the public in a professional and courteous manner.
The Town Clerk manages all of the City of Waterbury’s Land Records and Vital Records and is the Elections Clerk for the City performing numerous elections duties as provided by the Connecticut General Statutes. The Town Clerk’s Office records, indexes and certifies copies of all Vital and Land Records, issues Absentee Ballots, Marriage Licenses, Dog Licenses, Burial Permits and keeps records of Military Discharges, Notary Public Certificates, Liquor Permits, Justices of the Peace, Landlord and Property Registrations, Campaign Finance and Election Records, and other miscellaneous documents. The Office provides city-wide printing and mail service to all departments and offers support and supplies for departmental records management programs.
Antoinette "Chick" Spinelli
235 Grand Street, 1st floor
Waterbury, CT 06702
Phone: (203) 574-6806
Fax: (203) 574-6887
Vital Statistics: (203) 574-6800
Hours of Operation*:
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
* Hours are subject to change due to the health emergency
Town Clerk Newsletter