Looking for information about notary public licensing or the notary public manual? Go to the Secretary of State's Notary Public Licensing page.
Fees for recording are as follows:
Effective March 1, 2016, the Waterbury Town Clerk’s Office will be offering Notary Services to the public between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:15 pm Monday thru Friday. A fee of $5.00 will be charged for each signature authenticated. Click Here for current guidelines.
- Original commission of notary public $20.00
- Renewal commission $20.00
- Change of name only $ 15.00
- Change of address within town Free
- Change of name & address $ 15.00
- Change of address to new town $10.00
- For authenticating the signature of a notary $ 5.00
Documents being sent to certain countries may need the apostille or authentication of the Secretary of the State in addition to that of the Town Clerk.
Please contact the Secretary of the State at (860) 509-6200 or see their mailing address below if you have any questions.
Office of the Secretary of the State
State of Connecticut
30 Trinity Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Antoinette "Chick" Spinelli
235 Grand Street, 1st floor
Waterbury, CT 06702
Phone: (203) 574-6806
Fax: (203) 574-6887
Vital Statistics: (203) 574-6800
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.