The Bureau of Engineering provides technical expertise and management for City construction projects. The Bureau administers construction in the public right of ways by private contractors, provides information to the general public and advises all other City agencies requiring its services and information.
- Develops long range capital improvement plans and budgets
- Designs, manages and inspects construction projects
- Maintains maps and records of the City's infrastructure
- Conducts land surveying duties
- Issues street opening permits
- Assigns house numbers
- Approves and inspects building permits in regard to impacts on City's infrastructure
- Reviews, approves and inspects public and private improvements for land development projects
- Operates and maintains the City traffic signal system and maintains road striping and traffic signs
- Addresses citizen concerns with regard to engineering and/ or infrastructure issues
- Marks out "Call Before You Dig" for storm sewers and provides services to all other City departments as requested
- Addresses State and Federal Storm Water Permits
- Advises various boards and commissions
Listing files in 'Engineering'
526 Huntingdon Avenue,
Waterbury, CT 06708
Phone: (203) 574-6851
Fax: (203) 574-8277
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.