The Connecticut WIC Program

A Supplementary Food Program

WIC contact: Kelsey Phelan (203) 574-6785

The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, better known as the WIC Program, provides healthcare referrals, nutrition education, breastfeeding promotion and support, and supplemental foods. WIC is a federally funded nutrition assistance program administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Food and Nutrition Services (FNS). Pregnant, breastfeeding and post-partum women, infants and children up to 5 years of age may apply for the WIC Program.

The Waterbury WIC Program main location is located at the Waterbury Health Department at 185 South Main Street and it hosts satellite sites in Watertown and Wolcott. The Waterbury WIC Program has another location in Seymour at the Naugatuck Valley Health District and it hosts satellite sites in Derby, Naugatuck and Shelton.


WIC Main Office : (203) 574-6785
185 South Main Street, Waterbury CT 06704

Hours of Operations

Monday, Wednesday and Friday
From 8:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday
From 8:00am to 6:00pm
The Waterbury main office opens every third Saturday from 9am to 2pm.

Seymour Office: (203) 888-1271
98 Bank Street,
Seymour CT 06483

Monday, Wednesday and Friday
From 8:00am to 5:00pm
Every Tuesday
From 9:00am to 6:00pm

The Waterbury WIC Program will be closed on the following dates due to joint statewide meetings:
Friday, March 22nd, 2019
Friday, September 13th, 2019

Please call (203) 574-6785 to inquire about satellite offices in: Watertown & Wolcott
Please call (203) 888-1271 to inquire about satellite offices in: Naugatuck, Shelton and Derby
WIC shopping is easier with the eWIC Card!

"Non-Discrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: , and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

 (1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

              Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

              1400 Independence Avenue, SW

              Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

  (2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or

  (3)        email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider."