PARTNERS AND RESOURCES
There is strong support and advocacy for economic development in the Waterbury area, including programs and organizations on the local, state, regional and national levels. The City's comprehensive efforts to address all aspects of Waterbury's growth and development have resulted in a stronger foundation for our changing, growing city. Please visit the sites below to learn more about the partners we collaborate with.
- Waterbury Development Corporation is designed to stimulate and support downtown development, implement programs aimed at job creation and retention, improve the overall economic quality of life etc.
- Waterbury Regional Chamber is the region's foremost business network, resource and advocate. The Chamber advocates the needs of the region's business community on major issues. It serves its membership through programs and services, which enhance and improve a favorable business environment within Greater Waterbury.
- Main Street Waterbury is a grassroots, downtown management and revitalization program in the context of historic preservation.
- Northwest Regional Workforce Investment Board is the administrative entity that oversees and administers WIA and CT-DOL funded programs in the Northwest Region Service Delivery Area. It was established by the Governor to promote effective delivery of job training services throughout the Region that includes the forty-one municipalities.
- Department of Economic and Community Development develops and implements strategies to attract and retain businesses and jobs, revitalize neighborhoods and communities, ensure quality housing and foster appropriate development in Connecticut's towns and cities.
- Connecticut Development Authority offers business assistance programs that enable and encourage CT companies to expand and succeed.
- Connecticut Economic Resource Center specializes in economic development and marketing for local, state and regional development entities.
- Connecticut Small Business Development Center provides a wide array of management and technical assistance to business owners and entrepreneurs for strengthening business performance and sustainability.
- Manufacturing Alliance of Connecticut is dedicated to serving Connecticut’s manufacturing community.
- Smaller Manufacturers Association of Connecticut promotes the best interest of manufacturers in Connecticut; assists them in evaluating new markets etc.
- U.S. Small Business Administration offers a variety of programs and support services to help you navigate the issues you face with your initial applications, and resources to help after you open for business.