Program Co-Coordinators: Patricia Kiesel, RN and Luci Moschella, RN, Telephone 203-574-6880
Putting on AIRS Asthma Home-Visit Program
This is a statewide home-visit program funded by the CT-Department of Public Health to help people with asthma, including children and adults. In northwestern Connecticut, the program is led regionally by the Waterbury Health Department, and is provided in collaboration with other regional health departments.
The Putting on AIRS program provides one-on-one asthma education from a Respiratory Therapist in 3 home visits. The program also provides Healthy Homes Assessment to identify environmental triggers that may cause asthma attacks.
The Putting on AIRS program is free. Home visits are available days, evenings and weekends. Certified medical translation is available.
This program can help people who have asthma and any of the following:
- One or more Emergency Room visits, hospitalizations, or unscheduled medical visits in the past 6 months due to asthma
- Missed 2 or more school days in the past year due to asthma
- Visits the School Nurse’s office more than 2 times per week due to asthma
- Has used 3 rescue inhaler canisters in 6 months
- Has activity limitations due to asthma
Forms and Documentation