Protecting children and families from the dangers of lead-based paints is our priority. The Waterbury Lead and Healthy Homes Program offers funding assistance to abate lead-based paint hazards and eliminate other housing-related hazards.
Applicants who qualify may receive the following:
- Financial assistance (UP to $10,400 per housing unit).
- A comprehensive Lead risk assessment.
- Relocation assistance if necessary.
- Lead hazard educational materials for owners and renters.
To be eligible homes must be:
- Located in Waterbury
- Built before 1978 and current on property tax, mortgage and insurance
- Occupied by or suitable for a child under age 6
- Within HUD regional income requirements for tenants and owner-occupants
For more detail, please see the Healthy Homes brochure and the Pre-Application kit listed below.
Contact: Program Manager Francis Ford 203-574-6786
Renovations by the Waterbury Lead and Healthy Homes Program
| Before Renovations
|| After Renovations
Listing files in 'Healthy Homes'