HUMAN RESOURCES INFORMATION SERVICES (HRIS)
Currently, the City of Waterbury, including the Board of Education, utilizes an HRIS system called Lawson. This system, allows us to keep track of all our employees and related information about them. It is an electronic version of an employee’s personnel file. The HRIS Department helps to maintain the information and allows the City of Waterbury to automate and manage our Human Resources, Payroll, Management and Accounting activities.
Employee Change Forms (ECFs)
Any time an employee is hired, rehired, terminated or experiences a change in pay rate, status, or transfers to a new position, etc., an Employee Change Form (ECF) must be completed for that individual.
HRIS is responsible for generating ECFs and can be requested by e-mailing your request to ECFRequests@sp.waterburyct.org. Please include the employee’s name and Lawson number in the body of your email.
- ECFs must be completed in blue ink only
- Originals must be sent to HRIS instead of being faxed
- Once completed by the Department, the ECFs are submitted to the HRIS Department for data entry into Lawson which updates the employee’s electronic personnel file
- The original ECF is then placed into the employee’s personnel file maintained in Human Resources
- ECFs without appropriate signatures will be returned unprocessed to the Department
All report requests must be in writing and submitted with the appropriate HRIS Report request form (found below under Miscellaneous Documents). Please allow at least 5 days lead time for the generation of reports.
Requests for information are governed by the Freedom of Information Rules. All FOI requests will be submitted to Corporation Counsel for review prior to the release of any information.
HRIS Position List
Please click here for a listing of current positions. If you cannot locate the information for a specific position, please contact the HRIS department at 203-346-3530.
Forms and Miscellaneous Information
Listing files in 'HRDocs'
Chase Municipal Building
236 Grand Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
Phone: (203) 346-3530
Fax: (203) 574-8087